The Inclusive Ambassador Summer Course is offered by Dialogue In The Dark (HK) Foundation to help children understand the needs of different groups in society at an essential stage of their growth. By participating in this course, children will gain a deeper understanding of People of Differences (PoDs), particularly those of visually impaired and deaf individuals, and be equipped to become “inclusive ambassadors” in society.
It is crucial for children to develop empathy and appreciation for others’ strengths as they grow up. In this course, children will have the opportunity to experience “Dialogue in the Dark” tour and learn about the daily lives of visually-impaired individuals. This experience will promote empathy and reduce biases through various challenges gone through inthe dark. Additionally, the program teaches unique languages such as braille and sign language, allowing children to practice and experience an inclusive society firsthand. The course will be led by People of Differences, including visually and deaf instructors, with small class sizes to encourage communication and interaction between children and People of Differences. Through the Inclusive Ambassador Summer Course, we aim to establish children’s awareness of inclusive culture, build an inclusive environment, and reinforce the importance of upholding values of diversity and inclusion.
- To boost children’s confidence by letting them complete various challenges in the dark independently
- To teach children the importance of accepting and respecting others through breaking language barriers and bridging differences.
- To enhance children’s resilience by empowering them to overcome challenges and difficulties
- To cultivate children’s empathy through interacting with visually impaired and deaf instructors, letting them understand their needs and getting used to put themselves in others’ shoes
Enroll your children now for an extraordinary summer experience!
The detailed course contents are as follows:
1st lesson: Dialogue in The Dark tour
2nd lesson: Braille learning, understanding accessible facilities, human library, and sighted guide technique
3rd lesson: Basic sign language learning
4th lesson: Basic sign language learning
5th lesson: Sign language songs and understanding deaf culture
*Participants must attend at least 80% of the program to receive the course certificate.
9-13 years old
9-13 years old
Early bird discount (available for those who register before June 30)
Schedule of Course :
Class A (11:00 – 12:00): 16/7(Sun), 23/7(Sun), 29/7(Sat), 2/8(Wed), 3/8(Thu)
Class B (14:00 – 15:00): 29/7(Sat), 5/8(Sat), 12/8(Sat), 16/8(Wed), 17/8(Thu)
Class C (11:00 – 12:00): 5/8(Sat), 12/8(Sat), 19/8(Sat), 23/8(Wed), 24/8(Thu)
Notes to the Inclusive Ambassador Summer Course participants
- The course will be conducted in Chinese
- Participants must attend at least 80% of the course to receive the course certificate.
- The course will be cancelled if the enrollment is less than 4 before 7 days of the course. The refund procedure will be finished within two weeks after the first designated date of course.
- The course includes a part of dark experience, the following participants are NOT allowed to join the experience due to safety concerns: with heart disease or related diseases, with Claustrophobia, severe mental illness / mental retardation / autism or feeling uncomfortable, taking medicine before experience.
- Highly recommend to reserve tickets in advance as capacity is limited.
- Experience is conducted in Cantonese. Please Contact us for English or Mandarin arrangements.
- For any special assistance like a wheelchair, please study the Special Needs Visit Arrangements or contact us.
- The following participants are NOT allowed to join the experience due to safety concerns:
- With heart disease or related diseases
- With Claustrophobia
- Severe mental illness / mental retardation / autism
- Feeling uncomfortable, taking medicine or alcoholic drinks before tour
- Persons paying concessionary rate may be requested by us to produce a valid document for verification of eligibility. E.g. HKID, Student Card, Registration Card for People with Disabilities etc.
- All visitors are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the experience time.
- Late-comers will not be admitted once the experience starts.
- Free secure lockers will be provided to keep your personal belongings.
- Photography or recording is prohibited during the experience.
- All light-emitting or illuminated Devices or Apparel is prohibited (for Dark experience only).
- Tickets sold are non-exchangeable, non-refundable after the transaction is completed and void if expired.
- Please refer to Exhibition Terms and Conditions for more details.
* Purchasing tickets of any experience is not applicable to tax deduction.